Over at WWCQ, we are going to have a year long RR with wedges for a Christmas Tree Skirt. These are big wedges; 24" in length and 18.5" at the largest width. So, as you can imagine, each of the wedges will probably take a bit longer to embellish than your average RR block.
Here are the wedges that I made:
I pieced these using the same technique as I did for the purple blocks that I posted about, Martha Green's method. I really do find that this is a great way to make a dent in my cotton fabric scrap bin; these wedges are entirely out of scrap fabric! What's really funny about the process is that I made so many units, that I probably have enough for two more tree skirts...lol!
Late September, I attended a crazy quilting retreat with some ladies from CQI. One of the things that we did leading up to the retreat was a round robin with fabric selected by the challenge leader. Boy was this fabric a challenge!
Gerry's block showed up to the retreat a little bare, so some of us volunteered to take it home and give it some more stitching. Here is what the block looks like now.
I added the fan at the bottom and did some stitching on a couple of the seams. I also added the spray of ribbon flowers at the top...which, now that I look at it, it looks like there really should be one more. I did send Sharon one extra, but it didn't have leaves. =( I also did some stitching on the center, adding pizzazz to the motif that was printed on the challenge fabric.