Sunday, May 17, 2009

Rebecca's Block

This is Rebecca's block for the Blue Color Study Round Robin on the CQ for Newbies group. I added a seam of buttons, another seam with herringbone stitch done in Caron Impressions silk-wool blend color 7035.

The patch I did has fly-stitch branches in DMC cotton floss. There are french knot flowers and cast on stitch buds done in DMC perle cotton #5. 4mm Silk ribbon leaves were added to the buds. There are also sequin and bead flowers as well.

Sarma's Block

These are pictures of Sarma's block from the Whatever Goes Round Robin. I added french knots out of Kreinik metallic braid to the central flower. I also added a couple seam treatments...herringbone stitch and fly stitch. I also stitched (stem stitch) an oriental motif to tie in the fabric.