Friday, December 16, 2011

Stitching on Gerry's Retreat Block

Late September, I attended a crazy quilting retreat with some ladies from CQI. One of the things that we did leading up to the retreat was a round robin with fabric selected by the challenge leader. Boy was this fabric a challenge!

Gerry's block showed up to the retreat a little bare, so some of us volunteered to take it home and give it some more stitching.  Here is what the block looks like now.

I added the fan at the bottom and did some stitching on a couple of the seams. I also added the spray of ribbon flowers at the top...which, now that I look at it, it looks like there really should be one more. I did send Sharon one extra, but it didn't have leaves. =( I also did some stitching on the center, adding pizzazz to the motif that was printed on the challenge fabric.

I hope she likes it!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Juli it looks really good....compared to not having much on it at all. Now that wide open space does not look so bare anymore...

Kerry said...

I think I am the only one who loved that challenge fabric! lol It brought out the bags of beads - it was fun to add bling to. Looks like you enjoyed doing the same! This block doesn't look empty anymore. Love all your lovely stitching, Juli!

Gerry said...

OMG! I just found this post and had just about forgotten about this block. I look forward to seeing it back someday. LOL.